Tuesday 2 March 2010

Hungarian hungries

We recently had some friends round for dinner and I fancied making goulash so I decided to go Hungarian with the meal. The star was Jillypoos' Goulash with basil dumplings, which I've blogged about before. It's one of my favourite recipes. To go with it, I made two Hungarian salads which I found on the web: Hungarian Cucumber Salad, Uborka saláta (I used Tofutti brand for the sour cream) and Hungarian Tomato Salad, Paradicsom saláta. Both salads were good and went really well with the goulash. To add some more variety, we widened our theme to Eastern European and bought some jars of pickles from the local Polish shop. Three out of four of us enjoyed those too. Person number four thought they looked evil and wouldn't touch them. You know who you are ;)

I love how the goulash and dumplings looked after half an hour in the oven. Yum yum yum.

For pudding I made this strudel, Almasretes which really wasn't great! It was very dry and fell apart a lot. I think it was my lack of skill rather than the recipe's fault. I didn't bother taking a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment