Thursday 4 November 2010

30 minute courgette soup with salsa and apple and elderberry pudding

Oh my goodness! I made it to Mofo HQ! I'm so thrilled that my little slapdash chocolate skull cakes were featured. Wow. I think I'm blushing. How glorious.

Anyway I must get my head out of the clouds and write about my soup and pudding. This time my plan to do dinner in 30 minutes actually did work out!

Courgette soup
2 onions
Oil to fry
Splash of lemon juice (bottled)
4 courgettes
2 small potatoes
1 heaped dsp vecon
Boiling water to almost cover the veg.
1 tsp dried margoram

Fry the onions in oil for a few minutes and then add the lemon to deglaze the pan. Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. Blend with a stick blender.

Salsa
2 tomatoes
1 avocado
Splash of olive oil
Splash of balsamic vinegar
2 tsp poppy seeds
1 tsp dried margoram
1 tsp mixed seed butter

Chop avocado and tomatoes and add the other ingredients to the board, Jamie style. Mix with a spoon and spoon into your soup when it's ready.
Apple and elderberry pudding
1 russet apple
Raisins
Thick soya cream
Elderberry syrup (or just whatever jam you like)
Plain chocolate shavings

Peel and slice the apple and put the pieces in a covered microwave-safe container with the raisins and a little water. Microwave for 3 minutes and the apple will go beautifully soft. It does need to be a russet one.
Allow the apple and raisins to cool before piling on the other ingredients. Make the chocolate shavings by scraping a large knife along the back of a slab of your favourite chocolate.

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment