Friday 2 October 2009

Coffee and pasties



We had a lovely time this afternoon, meeting up with my sister and niece in Costa Coffee. I love their soya lattes but the selection of vegan things to eat is weak. The only vegan thing I've found there is their ginger cookies. Fortunately the cookies are good.


For tea this evening I made a batch of pasties with yesterday's stew. I do not make pretty pasties! They were tasty though. I'm a lazy cook so my pastry recipe is as simple as it gets. I've posted it below. Chris dug up a load of potatoes from the garden so I made some chips by slicing them small, tossing them in olive oil and fajita seasoning and baking. We also had spring greens which I love.


340g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
135 ml oil
100ml - 135ml water

Mix the dry ingredients and then stir in the oil and 100ml water. Add more water if needed until you get a dough. Roll out between two sheets of cling film or greaseproof paper. This makes it easier to roll and also saves covering your work surface and rolling pin with flour so less cleaning up!


No comments:

Post a Comment