Monday 26 October 2009

Padron peppers





Today I saw padron peppers in Waitrose. They were reduced to clear so I thought I'd give them a go. They're fab! I fried them in olive oil for about 4 minutes until the skins blistered and then sprinkled with salt, which is what was suggested on the back of the bag. Most of them weren't hot at all, a couple of them were a little bit hot, and one was properly hot. Chris got that one but he let me share it :) I'll definitely buy these again if I see them!

We had the peppers alongside grilled courgettes over millet which I cooked up with carrots, onions, smoked paprika, tomato puree, nooch and vegan cheese. This made a really tasty, cheesy stodge. I topped it all with pine nuts and then took some really rubbish pictures on my phone because I couldbn't wait to eat it. It was reeeally good.



No comments:

Post a Comment