Tuesday 13 October 2009

Pie and mash


Thank you, vegan mofoers for introducing me to the concept of pandowdy. It looks yummy. I wanted to make something quite quick this evening and we had shop-bought pastry in the freezer ready to go, so I thought I'd try a savoury pandowdy. One problem, the shop-bought pastry just looked so neat and tidy I couldn't go through with smashing it up! I started to make some paltry slits with a knife but left it there. Perhaps I should make a pandowdy with home-made pastry. My pastry is generally so unattractive that ruining it won't be an issue.

Anyway, the pie was good. It had onions, peppers, courgettes, capers, tomatoes, rosemary, basil, garlic and chilli. We had it, traditionally enough, with mashed potato which, less traditionally, was dotted with cubed avocado. Top scrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment